Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:27
“My friends at BATA are always there for me. I will always be grateful for them.” -Mary, 23
The BATA Foundation is a non-profit orphanage located in Marikina, Philippines. We are home to girls ages 11 through 22 years old. We raise our girls to be self-reliant and empowered young adults as they pursue their dreams of education and literacy with a strong moral code at their side. We prepare them for life’s challenges with determination, faith and gratitude.
- “When I entered college I had difficulty understanding my teachers, so I flunked two subjects. Regardless, the girls at BATA kept encouraging me to work hard. The following term, I passed all of my subjects.” — Mary, 23
- “Through the foundation, I am treated as a true sister of all my co-orphans, especially when they learned that I lost my brother. Through my childhood days I was accepted not as a nobody, but as their biological child.” — Joy, 18 years old
- “Through the foundation I have everyone I need to celebrate Christmas and New Year’s Eve with. If it were not for the Foundation, I imagine myself roaming around in a push-cart, wearing greasy clothes and smelling like a pig pen. In the future, I see my wishes and dreams will become a reality in God’s wonderful time.” — Daisy, 14 years old
- “This organization is really about reaching out to those who need it the most. I am honored and have become a better teacher and inspired by the experience.” — Jaime Cortez, taekwondo instructor
- “This is a truly wonderful organization full of “angels” that are raising the next generation of young Filipino women and giving them the tools they need to become independent, well-educated women with bright futures. You would be really amazed at how far a minimal sum of money will go toward helping these young ladies in the Philippines. Seriously! I was shocked!” — Laura Evans, child sponsor